No matter how you like to fish—from the bank of a reservoir, the back of a boat, or knee-deep in the middle of a stream—Idaho offers anglers a diverse experience. If the promise of brown trout, king salmon and steelhead gets your heart pumping, gear up and go. Follow these tips to recreate safely.
- All anglers 14 years of age or older must have a valid fishing license.
- Be sure to check seasonal size restrictions and catch limits before you cast a line.
- Prep and pack your boat in the parking lot to limit time on boat docks.
- Prepare to get wet; dress in layers that repel water and dry quickly.
- Always wear sunscreen and consider wearing a hat.