Trails throughout Idaho offer plenty of accessible hikes for a casual stroll or a rugged journey through magnificent scenery. Ranches and outfitters also offer pack trips and trail rides for equestrians. Saddle up with experienced guides for the ride of a lifetime. Find hiking and horseback trails on public lands near you and follow these tips to recreate safely.
- If you are a beginner, start with a short out-and-back hike.
- Always wear protective gear and comfortable hiking shoes.
- For sun safety, always wear sunscreen and consider bringing a hat.
- Pack in plenty of water and high-energy snacks.
- Stay on marked trails and yield right-of-way to hikers going uphill.
- Consider hiking and riding at off-peak times to avoid congestion on the trails.