A campfire is the central hub of most campsites—the place where family and friends gather to recount the day’s adventures, share a warm meal and roast marshmallows. Please follow these safety guidelines to ensure your campfire does not pose a threat to Idaho’s public lands.
- Monitor campfire restrictions and make sure campfires are permitted at your campsite.
- Completely extinguish campfires with water. Drown your campfire DEAD out.
- Use the designated grill or campfire ring to keep small campfires contained.
- Do not park vehicles or place camping supplies near the campfire.
- Clear away dry brush and low branches near the campfire.
- Avoid campfires on dry, windy days.
- Never use gasoline or combustible materials to start a campfire.
- Keep a bucket of water and a shovel nearby.
- Never leave a campfire unattended.
- Do not burn trash.
Looking for more information?
Check these resources for current guidelines to ensure safe outdoor adventures in Idaho.