A campfire is the central hub of most campsites—the place where family and friends gather to recount the day’s adventures, share a warm meal and roast marshmallows. Please follow these safety guidelines to ensure your campfire does not pose a threat to Idaho’s public lands.
- Make sure campfires are permitted at your campsite
- Use the designated grill or campfire ring to keep small campfires contained
- Do not park vehicles or place camping supplies near the campfire
- Clear away dry brush and low branches near the campfire
- Avoid campfires on dry, windy days
- Never use gasoline or combustible materials to start a campfire
- Keep a bucket of water and a shovel nearby
- Never leave a campfire unattended
- Do not burn trash
- Completely extinguish campfires with water
Looking for more information?
Check these resources for current guidelines to ensure safe outdoor adventures in Idaho.